PURPOSE: To better define the Department of Student Communications to facilitate both current practices as well as to improve the structure of both internal and external communications
WHEREAS, the committees of Publicity and Promotions, Public Relations, and Special Projects have not in recent history been practiced at the discretion of the Director of Student Communications; AND
WHEREAS, David Wallace, the current Director of Student Communications has expressed a desire for improvements in structure; AND
WHEREAS, David Wallace has also expressed a necessary description of online communications; AND
WHEREAS, modernization and Improvements in technology have provided more mediums of communication that need to reflected in formal structure of DSC
WHEREAS, obvious chain of command will increase the ability for DSC to delegate
WHEREAS, reformatting of the structure of the Department of Student Communications will increase transparency, productivity, and overall unity of the Missouri Students Association
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED BY THE MISSOURI STUDENTS ASSOCIATION HERE ASSEMBLED that the Missouri Students Association bylaws be amended to read as follows:
1.90 DEPARTMENT OF STUDENT COMMUNICATIONS – It shall be the duty of the Department of Student Communications to facilitate communications between MSA and the student body as well as within MSA leadership. It shall also advocate for activities and events as well as provide a means of outreach for the Missouri Students Association.
- A) DIRECTOR OF STUDENT COMMUNICATIONS- The Director of Student Communications shall be responsible for facilitating communications within the Missouri Students Association.
1) Appointments- Both positions of Chair of Outreach and Chair of Social Media and Technology shall be appointed by the second Monday February.
2) Public Relations- The Director shall serve as the chief of strategic communications.
- B) COMMITTEES- The following committees shall be a part of the Department of Student Communications.
1) OUTREACH COMMITTEE- The Outreach committee shall be responsible for the following duties.
- a) Purpose- The Outreach Committee shall advocate for the activities and events of the Association as well as reach out to the student body on a person to person basis.
b)Chair of Outreach- Responsible for presenting Outreach annual plan on the first Tuesday of March to the Operations Committee.
- c) Recruitment-MSA Outreach is responsible for the recruitment of new members for the Missouri Students Association. Duties include but are not limited to tabling at Summer Welcome and elsewhere, and information sessions to occur no less than once per semester.
2) SOCIAL MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE- The Social Media and Technology committee shall be responsible for the following duties.
- a) Purpose- The Social Media and Technology Committee shall advocate for the activities and events of the Association through the use of Social Media and Technology mediums. The committee shall also be tasked with contacting the student body through Social Media and Orgsync to provide feedback to the Association.
b)Chair of Social Media and Technology- Responsible for presenting Social Media and Technology annual plan on the first Tuesday of March in Operations Committee.
Operations Chair Dan Paterson
Senator Mitch Runyon