Missouri Students Association
University of Missouri
AN ACT TO ESTABLISH THE BOARD OF ELECTIONS COMMISSIONERS 2013 MSA SENATE HANDBOOK
PURPOSE: To establish the Board of Election Commissioners Senate Handbook.
WHEREAS, the BEC is mandated by the MSA By-Laws to produce a Senate Handbook.
THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE MISSOURI STUDENTS ASSOCATION that the Board of Election Commissioners Handbook for the 2013 Senatorial Elections be as follows:
2013 MSA Senate Election Handbook
How to Run
Students wishing to represent their academic college in the MSA Senate may submit their intent to run at the following website. Candidates must submit their names before 5 PM on Wednesday, April 17 to be on the ballot.
- Campaigns must be civil, respectful, and free from profanity, slander, or libel against another candidate, the Missouri Students Association, or any other campus entity.
- All candidates must adhere to MSA Bylaws, the University M-Book, and applicable state and federal laws.
- The Board of Elections Commissioners (BEC) is the authority on all senate election law and has the authority to review violations on a case-by-case basis.
- In the event that the BEC feels that a candidate has violated election law or the spirit of the election, they have the authority to impose an infraction on the candidate’s campaign up to and including expulsion from the election. A candidate may appeal this decision. All relevant information regarding this rule will be outlined in the event of an infraction/appeal.
- All relevant questions and notification of rules violations regarding the election can be directed to BEC@missouri.edu.
The 2013 MSA Senate Election will take place online at: vote.missouri.edu. The polls will be open beginning at 6 PM, Monday, April 22 and will close at 6 PM, Wednesday, April 24. Students will vote within their academic unit only for candidates from within the same unit.
Tyler Ricketts Benjamin Bolin Devin Kelsey
BEC Chairman Operations Chairman Senator