Missouri Students Association
University of Missouri
AN ACT TO AMEND CHAPTER I OF THE BYLAWS
PURPOSE: To revise chapter I of the MSA Bylaws pertaining to addition of a reference to the Human Resources officer.
WHEREAS, the bylaws currently do not specify a human resources position; AND
WHEREAS, an independent human resources position would be created; AND
WHEREAS, there exists a desire for this position to remain objective; AND
WHEREAS, placing the position outside of the realm of the Missouri Students Association will allow review from professional staff.
THEREFORE BE IT ENACTED BY THE MISSOURI STUDENTS ASSOCIATION that chapter I be amended to read:
Bylaws of the Missouri Students Association
1.60 DEPARTMENT OF STUDENT ACTIVITIES – It shall be the duty of the Department of Student Activities to provide and administer programs for the social, recreational, cultural, and education life to the students of the University.
(A) COMMITTEES – The following committees shall be a part of the Department of Student Activities. Committee Chairs within the Department of Student Activities must have been a member of the Department of Student Activities for at least one complete semester before becoming eligible to be hired.
(1) SPEAKERS – The Speakers Committee brings educational, enriching, and interesting speakers to campus in attempt to attract a variety of students. Speakers that the committee brings include actors, journalists, celebrities, cultural icons and more. Each guest lecturer is chosen based on their appeal to students, relevance to contemporary issues and embodiment of the University of Missouri’s ideals of Respect, Responsibility, Discovery and Excellence.
(2) BLACK PROGRAMMING – The Black Programming Committee produces shows and activities that appeal to the cultural and popular interests of the African American student population, and for the cultural enrichment of the student population as a whole.
(3) SPECIAL EVENTS – The Special Events Committee is responsible for programming comedians, novelty events around campus, and student competitions.
(4) COLLEGE MUSIC – The College Music Committee is responsible for bringing concerts to campus and planning other such music related activities.
(5) INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMING – The International Programming Committee produces shows and activities that appeal to the international student population, and for the cultural enrichment of the student population as a whole.
(6) FILMS – The Films Committee is in charge of planning an annual film series that features Hollywood movies, independent films, documentaries and foreign films.
(B) SUMMER PROGRAMS – During the summer sessions the Department of Student Activities shall host a variety of events and programs to provide services to student of the University who enroll in summer courses.
(C) AUXILIARIES – The Department of Student Activities shall coordinate with MSA/GPC Auxiliaries to promote events to students of the University.
(D) HUMAN RESOURCES – The position of human resources Director shall be under the Assistant Director of Student Life and shall be independent of the Missouri Students Association.
(1) This position will act in cooperation with and in deference to the Director of the Department of Student Activities.
Thomas Bourneuf Joseph Greenstein
DSA Human Resources Director DSA Director
Benjamin Bolin Zachary Folk
Operations Chair MSA Senator