Missouri Students Association
University of Missouri
A RESOLUTION SUPPORTING THE NEW AT-LARGE ELECTION PROCESS
PURPOSE, To formally encourage the new method of electing at large senators.
WHEREAS, the current process does not hold applicants accountable to their applications, or character; AND
WHEREAS, applicants are currently not given a fair chance to market themselves to senate; AND
WHEREAS, the application and process ought to demonstrate an applicant’s open mindedness, doer mentality, commitment, and communication ability.
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED BY THE MISSOURI STUDENTS ASSOCIATION HERE ASSEMBLED that MSA Senate Supports The New At-Large Election Process, and encourages the Speaker to make the following changes:
Application questions changed to read:
1. Where do you think the student government needs to improve? Explain
2. What issues should MSA Senate take a stance on? What is the purpose of MSA?
3. Ask your own question and answer it.
All applications to be sent in a zip file to all senators in the Tuesday legislation email.
Requirements added to Apply:
1. Must have attended two committee meetings previously.
Senate Procedure for At-Large Elections changed to:
1. The endorsement period abolished.
Benjamin J. Bolin Mckenzie Morris Mitch Moonier