Missouri Students Association
University of Missouri
A RESOLUTION SUPPORTING THE NEW AT-LARGE ELECTION PROCESS
PURPOSE: To formally encourage the new method of electing at large senators.
WHEREAS, The current process does not hold applicants accountable to their applications, or character; AND
WHEREAS, applicants are currently not given a fair chance to market themselves to senate; AND
WHEREAS, The application and process ought to demonstrate an applicant’s open mindedness, doer-mentality, commitment, and communication ability; AND
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED BY THE MISSOURI STUDENTS ASSOCIATION HERE ASSEMBLED that MSA Senate Supports The New At-Large Election Process, which is as follows:
Application questions changed to read:
1. Where do you think the student government needs to improve? Explain
2. What issues should MSA Senate take a stance on? What is the purpose of MSA?
3. Ask your own question and answer it.
Requirements added to Apply:
1. Must have attended two committee meetings previously.
Senate Procedure for At-Large Elections changed to:
1. Applicants lined up and presented to senate.
2. Applicants are dismissed from the chamber and invited invididually.
3. Applicants will have their application displayed behind him/her.
4. Applicants will have two minutes to highlight three things from their application.
5. Applicants will have 2 minutes to field questions immidiately following.
6. The endorsement period abolished.
Benjamin Bolin, Operations Chairman
Mckenzie Morris, Senate Speaker