PURPOSE: To update Articles of Cooperation with Four Front to better reflect the stronger relationship between the organizations.
WHEREAS, MSA has maintained a strong and productive relationship with Four Front, with a representative attending every Four Front meeting for the last two years, and
WHEREAS, MSA’s current bylaws with Four Front do not fully reflect this relationship, and
WHEREAS, Section 6.51(C)(1) states, “Upon election, either the MSA President or Vice President assume the chair of Four Front,” which is no longer accurate, as Four Front elects its own executives at its last meeting of the spring semester, and
WHEREAS, The list of Four Front members in section 6.51(B) is incomplete, and
WHEREAS, MSA and Four Front bylaws do not currently require joint meetings between the executives of both organizations, and
WHEREAS, MSA and Four Front bylaws do not currently require sending minutes and legislation to each other’s executive members, and
WHEREAS, Bill #46-40 recommended training sessions for MSA members, with which Four Front may assist.
THEREFORE, Be it enacted by the Missouri Students Association Senate that the following Articles of Cooperation be entered into MSA’s bylaws and the appropriate section of Four Front’s bylaws upon passage by both organizations.
6.51 FOUR FRONT
(A) PURPOSE — Four Front shall be is a coalition of various student organizations on campus with a specified interest in minority affairs on the Columbia campus and community.
(B) MEMBERSHIP: Four Front shall be is composed of, but limited to, the following student organizations:
(1) Missouri Students Association
(2) Legion of Black Collegians
(3) Asian American Association
(4) Hispanic American Leadership Organization
(5) From the Four Directions
(6) Triangle Coalition
(7) Students Advocating the Multiracial Experience
(8) South Asian Students Association
(9) Sigma Lambda Gamma
(10) Feminist Student Union
(11) Spiritual Youth for Reproductive Freedom
(12) Asian American Student Journalist Association
(13) Jewish Student Organization
(14) Gamma Rho Lambda
(15) Muslim Student Organization
(D) INTER-GOVERNMENT COMMUNICATION
(1) EXECUTIVE AND LEGISLATIVE OFFICERS: To ensure communication between the Missouri Students Association (MSA) and Four Front, representatives of both organizations shall meet at least twice during both the fall and winter semesters to discuss position statements, policy decisions, inter-organizational workings, and the composition of internal and external committees, or any other business. In addition to these meetings, they may meet at any time deemed necessary. By-laws of each organization shall have specific language requiring their officers to attend these meetings.
(2) MINUTES AND LEGISLATION: MSA and Four Front shall send copies of the minutes, programming events, and passed legislation of their senate meetings to the presiding officer of the other legislative body. MSA and Four Front shall send copies of their agendas for Senate and Four Front meetings respectively within a week of the meetings. The Director of the Department of Student Activities, Student Services, or Department of Student Communications shall send the Chairs of Four Front a list of events, plans, and activities they will put on monthly.
(1) MSA and Four Front shall have the ability to appoint liaisons to each respective policy making bodies as deemed appropriate by the executive and legislative officers of both respective organizations.
(2) A permanent liaison position for Four Front shall be in place for an MSA representative assigned by the MSA Multicultural Issues Committee.
B. RATIFICATION AND CHANGE
(1) RATIFICATION AND REVIEW: Upon receiving a two-thirds vote in both the MSA Senate and Four Front membership, these Articles of Cooperation shall be adopted immediately and will be reviewed for accuracy and relevancy at least every three years or as deemed necessary by the executive and legislative officers of either respective organization.
(2) AMENDMENT PROCEDURE: To change the Articles of Cooperation, both the MSA Senate and Four Front must ratify the proposed change by a two-thirds majority vote.
(3) WITHDRAWAL PROCEDURE: Either MSA or Four Front may withdraw from these Articles of Cooperation at any time by a two-thirds majority vote by their respective legislative bodies.
6.50 STUDENT LEADERSHIP ADVISORY COUNCIL (SLAC)
(A) DEFINITION: The Student Leadership Advisory Council shall be a coalition of the various student governments on the UMC campus that regularly meet to coordinate activities, programming, and action with the University.
(B) MEMBERSHIP: SLAC shall be composed of, but not limited to, the Presidents or representatives of the following student government organizations:
(13) Four Front
Jonathan Mays Bria Scudder
MSA Senate Speaker Four Front Co-Chair