Summary: This act accompanies the FY2008 Association Budget and highlights the significant changes.
Whereas, the Association budget draft is reviewed by the Budget Committee;
Whereas, the Budget Committee meets with department and auxiliary then amends the budget to balance it;
Whereas, Major changes to the budget include the following:
– $9,520 has been added to the Rape Education Budget for the addition of a 9 month GA
– $16,983 has been added to the MSA Operating Budget for increased salaries for MUTV, KCOU, and STRIPES Directors
– The addition of 6 Data ports for new MUTV, Web Programmer and SDC spaces
– Increased Department of Student Communications Travel/Meeting to cover department retreats/conferences, as well as MSA social events, throughout the year
– Increased Department of Student Communications Copy Service/Publication to cover new publication of MSA informational brochure/handbook
– The Student Fee Review Committee budget has been reduced by $265 due to non-use in the previous fiscal year
– Replace Craft Studio Advisor with an OSIII position
Whereas, the Budget Committee is officially submitting the FY2008 budget for Senate review;
Whereas, the attached budget shall be reviewed and passed by the MSA Senate assembled. All amendments to the submitted budget must be fiscally responsible and keep the budget balanced. In addition, upon passage by MSA Senate, this budget must be sent to the Student Life Fiscal Office, along with being approved by SOGA.
Therefore, The following is the Missouri Students Association FY2008 Budget.
Student Fee Review Committee
Chelsea Johnson Sarah Isenogle Katie Henry
Budget Committee Chair MSA Senator MSA Senator
Brenna Noble Tyler Flaker
MSA Senator MSA Senator